WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionNetwork lag and sporadic windowless ads. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Network lag and sporadic windowless ads.

more_horiz
OK, I did that.

Would like any scans done while I'm at work? leaving in an hour.

descriptionNetwork lag and sporadic windowless ads. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Network lag and sporadic windowless ads.

more_horiz
Ok.All done.I see no more malware.Log looks good! All that was detected is now either in quarantine or system restore, both of which we'll be cleaning out in just a minute. Congratulations, well done.

You can now uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

Network lag and sporadic windowless ads. - Page 2 Combofix_uninstall_image

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

Over the course of the fix you've used a variety of special tools to help with the cleaning process - none of these are of any use to you now that you're clean, and it's best not to have them hanging around on your computer. OTC is a small program that removes all the leftover tools and logs from cleanup of malware.

Please download OTC to your desktop.

Double-click OTC to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTC and select "Run as an Administrator")

Click on the CleanUp! button and follow the prompts.

You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process, choose Yes.

After the reboot all the tools we used should be gone.
Note: Some more recently created tools may not yet be removed by OTC. Feel free to manually delete any tools it leaves behind.

Here are some tips to reduce the potential for malware infection in the future; I strongly suggest that you read them and take them to heart so that you don't have to endure the process of cleaning your computer again.

Afterwork

Malware Prevention

How Did I Get Infected

More Tips on Prevention

=============================

............................................................................................

more_horiz
thanks Pancake, enjoy your week mate.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum