WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionTrojan.Agent  - Page 2 EmptyRe: Trojan.Agent

more_horiz
My cd-rom drive is crappy. Is it possible to reformat my drive using an external cd-rom drive instead of the internal one? will that work the same way or is it a bad idea..

That should work but you may have to change your boot order in BIOS to accomodate the external drive.

If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here

descriptionTrojan.Agent  - Page 2 EmptyMore issues

more_horiz
Hi,
This might be out of the realm of this thread but I will ask anyway. Now I am having a new problem. I finally got the computer to boot to CD and I wen through the entire process of reinstalling windows. Everything went okay until I had to do the restart your computer to begin set up or whatever it says.

When it restarted, everything looked normal and it went to a black screen and it said set up is about to begin (i'm paraphrasing) suddenly I get an error message saying that "to install windows, click ok to restart the computer and then restart the installation". Then the computer restarts but I wind up getting the same error message?

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I start another thread for this issue? Thanks.

more_horiz
I forgot to say that I used the Acer eRecovery discs to reinstall windows. I was under the impression that doing a reinstall of windows would wipe my hard drive. Am i misinformed on that? Do I have clean the hard drive then reinstall windows? I can't get a clear understanding of that.

Edit: Also based on the research I've done, it seems like there are some changes that can be made in BIOS to help fix the problem. However, any of the changes they suggest, I can't find those settings (voltage, plug and play, etc.). It seems my options in BIOS are very limited.

more_horiz
Do I have clean the hard drive then reinstall windows? I can't get a clear understanding of that

The Recovery disks will take your computer back to the day you purchased it.
Also based on the research I've done, it seems like there are some changes that can be made in BIOS to help fix the problem.

I seriously doubt you can fix that in the BIOS. Your best bet would be to try to get the Recovery to work. Then, if you're still having problems, we can try to fix that.

more_horiz
Dave I appreciate your help and patience so much. After about a month of trying to work on this issue and getting no where, I just decided to get a new computer. I will still try and fix the problem but I have a business and I can't be hindered from it any longer.

Thanks a bunch!

more_horiz
musicabonita wrote:
Dave I appreciate your help and patience so much. After about a month of trying to work on this issue and getting no where, I just decided to get a new computer. I will still try and fix the problem but I have a business and I can't be hindered from it any longer.

Thanks a bunch!

Sorry it had to come to this. Good luck

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum