WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptiondelete windows messenger Emptydelete windows messenger

more_horiz
I upgraded to XP from Windows Me. I use MSN Messenger, which I find far superior to Windows Messenger that comes with Windows XP. I found an article that told me how to remove Windows Messenger and did so. This works perfectly until I go into Outlook Express where Windows Messenger pops up again.

Is there a way to completely remove Windows Messenger and replace it with MSN Messenger so it’s incorporated with Outlook Express?

descriptiondelete windows messenger EmptyRe: delete windows messenger

more_horiz
It sounds like you’ve disabled rather than actually removed Windows Messenger. The easiest way to remove Windows Messenger completely from your system is to download the free MessengerDisable tool from www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_mess_disable.htm. This can be used to disable or completely remove Windows Messenger from your system, and uninstalls the files, plus tweaks the registry so Windows Messenger is disabled in Outlook Express after it’s been removed

Unfortunately, while MSN Messenger automatically incorporates with Outlook and Outlook Express in earlier versions of Windows, it has been designed not to do so in Windows XP, presumably because it would cause a conflict with the built-in version of Messenger. For more on this, check out http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330117.

more_horiz
thanks for you help. it works

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum