WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Problems ?? - Page 1 EmptyRe: Windows Problems ??

more_horiz
Thank you for your reply. At this time the laptop just starts up and gets to a certin point and freezes at that one page. I can not go any further. The mother board is out of my league to do. I will have to find someone to look at that if you are sure that is the problem. Is there any senior techs that you can maybe ask please or send me to? I just want to get this taken care of quickly since I have 3 papers due before Thanksgiving break! I thank you for your all your help already.

more_horiz
In post 5 you mentioned that it is OK in Safe Mode. If you can get to Safe Mode, you can turn off some startup items as I outlined in post 10.

more_horiz
Turned off the start up items and the service items as requested. I started it up normally and it seems to be working but it does not allow me to open a web site. I am on the internet but all the addresses are invalid. I must have unchecked something. Please advise.

more_horiz
Correct - you shouldn't be able to get onto the web when booting to Safe Mode. If you have a wired connection, you can boot to Safe Mode with Networking and that would allow you web access.

So - it's working OK with some of the startup items turned off. You have to do some work here. Turn those items back on, one-by-one, or in groups until you find the one that's causing the problem.

more_horiz
I am going through each start up item and check them off to see if I can get back on on the internet. What I notice is that I am connected to the internet but it says that I can not open an internet page. Could that be from the 2 trojans that were found.....not opening up a web page or is it from a start up item or service that needs to be turned backed on? Thanks.

more_horiz
If you started using Safe Mode with networking, you should be able to load web pages.

Try going to Google and do a search.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum