WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionlaptop will not pick wireless networks Emptylaptop will not pick wireless networks

more_horiz
Hi guys... my laptop will not pick any wireless networks. I checked the device manager and it showed that my drivers failed to load properly so I downloaded new drivers but still there isn't a change

descriptionlaptop will not pick wireless networks EmptyRe: laptop will not pick wireless networks

more_horiz
Did the driver install complete successfully? Are there any errors listed in Device Manager? Make sure that wireless switch is on. You may have a switch on the side or have to press a Fn+Fkey combination.

What brand and model laptop are you using?

descriptionlaptop will not pick wireless networks EmptyRe: laptop will not pick wireless networks

more_horiz
the laptop is a Compaq 610.

the wireless switch is on

Device status in Device Manager is written as; This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

more_horiz
Which driver did you install and where did you get it from? Post the hardware id for the device. (instructions below)

Open Device Manager - Right click the problem device and select Properties- select the Details tab - select Device Instance Id - Post the VEN_#### and DEV_####

more_horiz
All devices under Network adapters are displaying the same device statues. I downloaded the drivers from the manufactures except for the 6TO4 drivers that I could not find any were.

Device I.D.
6TO4 *6to4mp
Bluetooth device BTH\MS_BTHPAN
Bluetooth device BTH\MS_RFCOMM
Intel Pro 3945ABG VEN_8086 Dev_4222
Intel Pro 3945ABG - Teefer2 Miniport symc_teefer2mp
Marvel Yukon 88E8042 - Teefer2 Miniport symc_teefer2mp
Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface *TUNMP
WAN Miniport WAN Miniport (IP)
WAN Miniport WAN Miniport (IPv6)
WAN Miniport WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN Miniport ms_ndiswanbh

more_horiz
In Device Manager perform the following steps:

Click View at the top - select show hidden devices - under Network Adapters remove the duplicates devices showing a problem - once this has been done restart Windows

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum