WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Trojan.Dropper, Trojan.Generic, Trojan.Crypt and more

2 posters

descriptionTrojan.Dropper, Trojan.Generic, Trojan.Crypt and more - Page 2 EmptyRe: Trojan.Dropper, Trojan.Generic, Trojan.Crypt and more

more_horiz
Are you sure that you're doing this?
Make sure that the "Make Hosts Writable?" button in the upper right corner is enabled

descriptionTrojan.Dropper, Trojan.Generic, Trojan.Crypt and more - Page 2 EmptyRe: Trojan.Dropper, Trojan.Generic, Trojan.Crypt and more

more_horiz
Hi Dave,

Yes, I'm sure.

This is what I see...

It's a big box that's white and it has a left hand column.

The titles in the column are:

File Handling (to the right of that is a picture of a pencil)

"Make Read only?" and it shows an unlocked lock (because it's writeable)
"Make Writeable?" and it shows a locked lock (so I can't write)

Backup/Restore

Import Options

Restore MS Hosts Files

File Handling

Editing

Download

Tools

Help

I've tried it both ways (I've always done it with the lock unlocked). When it's locked I can't create a backup.

So, with the lock unlocked I'm able to click on the Backup/Restore button and create a backup. Then it confirms that did happen.

Then I go to Restore MS Hosts File and it asks if I want to do this I click on OK and then the error appears.

I believe I'm doing it correctly, but if I'm not, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

more_horiz
Please try the information in this link to set your hosts file back to default.

more_horiz
Hi Dave,

I went to the link and clicked on the icon so it would make the changes automatically.

What should I do now?

Thanks

more_horiz
Click on the FixIt icon and when the box comes up click Run and follow the directions.

more_horiz
Superdave wrote:
Click on the FixIt icon and when the box comes up click Run and follow the directions.

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. I already did this when I click on the icon. I did run the fix it program.

Is there something else I need to do to check it...or do I need to run any reports for you?

Thanks

more_horiz
I did run the fix it program.

Is there something else I need to do to check it...or do I need to run any reports for you?

Sorry. I've never run this program before. Could you describe to me what happens after you let it run?

more_horiz
Hi Dave,

I'm sorry I hadn't been on sooner, I've been ill.

Anyway, I just clicked on the icon for it to run. It did run and that was it. That's why I was wondering if there was some way I should check it or something.

Thanks

more_horiz
Anyway, I just clicked on the icon for it to run. It did run and that was it. That's why I was wondering if there was some way I should check it or something.

That should have reset your hosts file. It's been so long. Do you have any more problems with your computer?

more_horiz
Hi Dave,

Just little things that weren't there before, so other than those, nothing else.

more_horiz
reginaac wrote:
Hi Dave,

Just little things that weren't there before, so other than those, nothing else.

That's good. Just do the cleanup I suggested earlier in this thread and you're good to go.

more_horiz
Hi Dave,

I want to thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate everything you've done.

Sincerely,
Gina

more_horiz
reginaac wrote:
Hi Dave,

I want to thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate everything you've done.

Sincerely,
Gina

You're welcome, Gina. I will lock this thread. If you need it re-opened, please send me a pm.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum