WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionToshiba Satellite A355-S6924 freezing; no error message EmptyToshiba Satellite A355-S6924 freezing; no error message

more_horiz
Hi,

About a week ago, I left my Toshiba Satellite A355-S6924 (Vista) on for a few hours while I went out; when I returned to it, the screen had turned off (which is correct behavior), but I could not get it to come back on by touching the touchpad or pressing any buttons on the keyboard, so I hard to hold down the power button to shut it off. Ever since then, I have been having problems with the computer freezing.

There are a few different ways that it freezes:
1. I boot up but never get past the "Please Wait" screen (have to do a hard shutoff).

2. I boot up and click on my username, but then everything except the mouse pointer disappears and I am never prompted for a password to actually log in (have to do a hard shutoff).

[Note: after either of these, if I boot into Safe Mode and do a System Restore, I am able to log in, but then the following problem always occurs.]

3. I am working on my computer just fine when suddenly everything but the mosue freezes. I can move the pointer around but not click on anything, cannot switch windows, can't show the desktop, etc. (have to do a hard shutoff).

Please note that one of the above happens EVERY time I get on my computer now - I have not had a session that did not end with me holding down the power button to shut down since the initial problem.

I have had no issues when I boot into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking. I am up to date with the latest Windows updates - I noticed after this problem began ocurring that there were some security patches released that seemed like they might help with this freezing issue, but it still occurs.

I scanned with Malwarebytes and avast, but neither returned any infections.

I really appreciate any help with this - thanks!!!!

descriptionToshiba Satellite A355-S6924 freezing; no error message EmptyRe: Toshiba Satellite A355-S6924 freezing; no error message

more_horiz
Hello and welcome. Interesting that you don't have the problem in Safe Mode. So it could be a problem with drivers. You could try a System Restore to an earlier date to see if that works.

It might be memory. If there are more than one memory card in your machine, pull one of them and see if the problem persists. If it does, put that card back in and pull the other. See if that relieves the problem.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum