WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRootkit: hidden boot sector - Page 1 EmptyRe: Rootkit: hidden boot sector

more_horiz
Sorry it took so long. The computer says it had 68 windows updates that it was configuring on reboot. It was stuck on update 1 for EVER! I turned off the updates for now. Please let me know if there is anything else I should do. I will run a full scan with Avast again to see what it pulls up and let you know. Thanks for all your help Crush. GeekPolice is a life saver for me!

............................................................................................

Life is extremely short.... One VERY long day at a time. Can't Believe It

descriptionRootkit: hidden boot sector - Page 1 EmptyRe: Rootkit: hidden boot sector

more_horiz

more_horiz
Avast picked up a TON more than before when I had it set for high sensitivity and checked all packers. I simply hit repair then apply since I couldn't copy and past that log report and couldn't go to any other window without closing that one first. Once the computer reset, I seemed to have more control over the computer and it seems as though it's back to normal. I then changed all the setting for the full system scan back to normal and that came back clean. I just finished the full round of windows updates... 73 including the optional security ones. Now I am running another full system scan with the setting back to the high and all packers to see what happens. I will let you know if that came back clean, or if it found anything.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
This is what came up on the Avast full system scan with high sensitivity and all packers checked.

File Names Status

C:\...|>_TUProj.dat Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>DataSave_Green.ico Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>IRIMG1.BMP Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>IRIMG1.JPG Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>DataSafe_Green.ico Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000001.dif Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000002.dif Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000003.dif Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000004.dif Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000005.dif Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000006.dif Error: Archive is password protected
C:\...|>diff_000007.dif Error: Archive is password protected

I couldn't copy and paste so I had to enter this manually. Under the Status of each one it says "Error: Archive is password protect.." Because I couldn't see it I just filled in the blanks. Before I clicked on the report it said the scan couldn't check all files.

more_horiz
Those are nothing to worry about. The high sensitivity will produce false positives. The important thing is, is it still picking up the rootkit in the MBR?

more_horiz
Awesome! I think it's gone then! What's the MBR? I know that Avast and TDSSkiller both came back clean. Thanks again Crush!

more_horiz
The Master Boot Record. This infection will produce a detection from Avast similar to what you're stating. Is the detection from the first post gone?

more_horiz
Yes. All is gone nothing is being detected. Thank you so much for your help Crush! My friend thanks you too!

more_horiz
To uninstall ComboFix

• Click the Start button. Click Run. For Vista: type in Run in the Start search, and click on Run in the results pane.
  • In the field, type in ComboFix /uninstall

Rootkit: hidden boot sector - Page 1 Combofix_uninstall_image

(Note: Make sure there's a space between the word ComboFix and the forward-slash.)

• Then, press Enter, or click OK.
  • This will uninstall ComboFix, delete its folders and files, hides System files and folders, and resets System Restore.

====

Download Security Check from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

descriptionRootkit: hidden boot sector - Page 1 EmptyI have a similar issue

more_horiz
Hey guys,
I made an account specifically for noticing this thread. My problem is that my world of warcraft account continuously gets hacked, and I have FOUR of those things popping up in my avast security when I try doing a quick scan. The datasafe_green pops up, along with the following:
|>diff_000001.dif
|>IRIMG1.BMP
|>IRIMG1.JPG

Now I notice you guys have figured these notices are not of issue, however what is it exactly that keeps on gaining access to my WOW account and locking it? Is it a keylogger? And what can I do to get rid of this? It's been happening for several years even when I was not playing on the account.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Smile...
Lapps

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum