WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRouter Connection Problems EmptyRouter Connection Problems

more_horiz
Hi guys.

I'll try to cut my story short so that I don't leave you confused. Smile...

Basically, this is the original setup for internet at home:
1. 2 Routers (Netgear and Telstra BIG) downstairs (each is on a different internet account).
2. The main router (Netgear) downstairs is plugged into a computer.
3. An ethernet cable is connected to that router and goes upstairs to another router (TP Link).
4. All computers upstairs connect to the router upstairs wirelessly.

For the months leading up to January 2011 this setup worked fine.....And then the problems began. Please (puppy eyes)

To begin with the TP Link router started to drop internet at random intervals. So, after a week of that happening I decided to change the ethernet cable with a new one in case the old cable was faulty. No change. The internet kept dropping out. So I began to wonder which router was the issue. To be on the safe side I decided to buy a Belkin router (compatible with 2 story houses) and installed that downstairs. The old Netgear router was put aside with the TP Link router still in place upstairs. No success. In fact, I had no internet downstairs at random intervals as well. Can't Believe It

So I decided perhaps it was the TP Link router upstairs. I switched it with the old Netgear router from downstairs and tried again. Again, no internet upstairs and no internet downstairs. HOWEVER, once I disconnected the upstairs router, I had wireless internet from the new Belkin router downstairs and it gave perfect internet via ethernet cable to the connected computer.

So what went wrong? Start of January it was fine. Now if I plug in a router upstairs I lose internet to both routers (upstairs and downstairs).

I have replaced the cords, changed routers, bought a new router, reset the wireless networks, etc with no luck. Does anyone have ideas or suggestions I could try to find out what the issue is?

Thanks. Smile...

descriptionRouter Connection Problems EmptyRe: Router Connection Problems

more_horiz
bump Smile...
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum