WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRouter problems EmptyRouter problems

more_horiz
Hi there.
my internet suddenly stopped working yesterday morning and its been driving me crazy.
im a complete newbie at this so ive been doing my best to follow everyones instructions but itd benice if someone could just lay it out simply for me so i can rlly understand and then try make my own way Goofy

ive got 4 computers in the house that are relying on this wired router and when the internet plug is plugged into it it shows LAN Connection as connected though i cant browse the internet and no online activites can be used. Packages are sent and all but very few are received. like 1 every 100-200 and its frustrating.
If i connect the pc directly to the modem the internet works fine.
I tried disabling my anti virus which had no effect. should i un install it completely?

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

descriptionRouter problems EmptyRe: Router problems

more_horiz
Hi,
you have to share connection between your computers. You can find guide at this link:

http://en.kioskea.net/contents/configuration-reseau/partage-xp.php3

more_horiz
I have done this before.
This problem just came out of the blue.
I was fiddling around with the connection trying anything that could work and if you can believe it, my modem crashed... sad.
I'm calling someone about the modem so hopefully the problem with be resolved.
any suggestions about the router?

more_horiz
Hello,

Open CMD, Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults by typing: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Restart your PC.

If it doesn't work, download Winsock XP Fix from here, save it to your Desktop.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Double click on the exe on your Desktop.
Press the "Fix" button, then restart again.

See if you can connect now.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum