WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDo I need additional spyware with Microsoft Essentials EmptyDo I need additional spyware with Microsoft Essentials

more_horiz
Hi!

I'm new here, and admittedly a computer dummy. I switched from Norton anti virus to Microsoft Essentials and am wondering if I need to put any additional spyware or malware programs on my computer in addition to ME to protect it?

If I have posted this iin the wrong place, I apology.

Thanks!!

descriptionDo I need additional spyware with Microsoft Essentials EmptyRe: Do I need additional spyware with Microsoft Essentials

more_horiz
Welcome to GeekPolice! Smile...

I recommend these the most. Smile...

Antimalware

• Malwarebytes' Antimalware
    Malwarebytes' does a great job in removing rogue security applications and other top threats. Consider purchasing the pro version for lifetime updates, real-time protection, ip blocking and scheduled scanning/updating.

• Superantispyware
    Superantispyware does a great job at removal. The real time protection is strictly for paying customers Consider buying a lifetime license to have permanent future updates/upgrades.

• SpywareBlaster
    SpywareBlaster is a small tool that prevents spyware and other malware from sneaking through internet explorer. Just open, update and enable the protection and close. That simple.

descriptionDo I need additional spyware with Microsoft Essentials EmptyRe: Do I need additional spyware with Microsoft Essentials

more_horiz
Thanks for the recommendations!! I will definitely copy and save them. What I'm wondering is if I need them with Microsoft Essentials?

Also, I use Foxfire so want something that works with it.

Thanks!

more_horiz
You're welcome. Smile... Yes. Currently no product offers 100% protection so it's always good to have something extra. Smile...

They work fine with Firefox. Smile...

Couple Firefox Addons

• Adblock Plus- Uses a black list that blocks most ad's on the web today. Updated regularly to block newer ad's.

• NoScript- Blocks malicious scripts that may cause drive by downloads(immediate malware install on visiting page), clickjacking(pages that have a hidden button that enables your web cam or microphone for spying).

more_horiz
ID suggest Malwarebytes and keep MSE up to date, add Fanboys Easy List and EasyList for Adblock Plus on Firefox for ads, and update the subscriptions and you will be good.

I have never used that spywareblaster stuff, so i have no comments about that.

Good choice switching off or Norton, it sucks and Resource Hog.

more_horiz
SpywareBlaster is one of those things that you can't tell if it's working unless you remove it. It uses the restricted sites feature and an activex helper plugin(not positive) to increase the overall security of IE.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum