WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIPv6 Gets Global Test Day EmptyIPv6 Gets Global Test Day

more_horiz
There's been plenty of talk about the shortage of IPv4 addresses and the imminent arrival of IPv6 as its replacement.

What's not clear is how effective companies' IPv6 strategies are stacking up. However, a group of major web companies are ganging together to test how IPv6 will work in practice. Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Akamai have agreed to designate 24 June as World IPv6 day

According to a blog from Google network engineer, Lorenzo Colitti, nearly all Internet users should experience no problems on the day but wrote that "In rare cases, users may experience connectivity problems, often due to misconfigured or misbehaving home network devices. Over the coming months we will be working with application developers, operating system vendors and network device manufacturers to further minimise the impact and provide testing tools and advice for users."

More: http://www.pcworld.com/article/216769/

............................................................................................

descriptionIPv6 Gets Global Test Day EmptyRe: IPv6 Gets Global Test Day

more_horiz
I'm going to hate if I have to get a new router for this. I've been avoiding learning about the new requirements for IPv6 connectivity for a few years. blah...-falls over- wake me up when the world ends.

............................................................................................

Guess I'm not allowed to post my xfire and raptr links...o.o..
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum