WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwhats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? Emptywhats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work?

more_horiz
hi someone told me about this site and said you might be able to help me. so could u tell me a little bit more about this ipv6 and how i get it thanks.

descriptionwhats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? EmptyRe: whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work?

more_horiz
Do you mean the Internet Protocol version 6 or TCP/IP v6?

You will find this setting in Network Properties by right clicking the network connection you are using and selecting properties in the network and sharing centre from the control panel in vista!

Start / Control Panel / Network and sharing centre / Manage Network Connections / right click the local or wireless connection your using / properties.

Should see it listed about 5 down from the top.....Check the box to activate it!

Basically, its the new version of Internet Layer protocol for packet switched Inter networks and the Internet.

Regards

Last edited by Digitalocksmith on 6th January 2009, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionwhats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? EmptyRe: whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work?

more_horiz
Digitalocksmith wrote:
Do you mean the Internet Protocol version 6 or TCP/IP v6?

Pretty sure it's IPv6. Used to make 6 digits IP into 4 digits.
I helper sir swat out awhile ago with this, we disabled it by adding a reg fix because it was causing a very unstable net connection.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? DXwU4
whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? VvYDg

more_horiz
Yeah.....Its the same Protocol Bel!

No need to disable it in the registry though!

Regards

more_horiz
Sorry, should of clarified.
We disabled, but it made no change, apart from making his net connection more stable.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? DXwU4
whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? VvYDg

more_horiz
mmm Ok!

IPv6 has a much larger address space than IPv4. This is based on the
definition of a 128-bit address, whereas IPv4 used only 32 bits.

All this expansion really does is provide flexibility in allocating addresses and routing traffic and eliminates the need for network address translation or NAT.

When you disabled it, his network would have reverted back to the IPv4 protocol which may have eased certain issue's with the gateway.

whats ipv6 and how do i get it. or get it to work? 33591597ag2

Regards

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum