WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan I reformat my hard drive with an emachines Restore CD? EmptyCan I reformat my hard drive with an emachines Restore CD?

more_horiz
I have an emachines T3062. I replaced the hard drive a couple of years ago. I got a nasty virus on my machine, and the whole process has gotten me freaked out, so I am considering reformatting my hard drive to start fresh. The problem is, I have the Restore CD that came with my computer when I bought it, but I don't have a stand alone copy of Windows XP (or any other OS). Is the "Destructive Install" the same as a reformat?

If not, is there a way to do a reformat of the hard drive without a stand alone copy of XP?

descriptionCan I reformat my hard drive with an emachines Restore CD? EmptyRe: Can I reformat my hard drive with an emachines Restore CD?

more_horiz
Hi,
Yes, you can use that CD to back Windows like it never exist. Use guide bellow :
http://www.ehow.com/how_2337743_do-emachines-system-recovery-.html

............................................................................................

Can I reformat my hard drive with an emachines Restore CD? V45u80
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum