WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMicrosoft Security Essentials Alert - Page 1 EmptyRe: Microsoft Security Essentials Alert

more_horiz
I can re-run the scan i suppose. Just is going to take another 2 hours or so.

descriptionMicrosoft Security Essentials Alert - Page 1 EmptyRe: Microsoft Security Essentials Alert

more_horiz
Hello.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs.

Adobe Reader 7.0
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
    Viewpoint Media Player

Updating Java:

• Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 22.
  • Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • In the Window that opens, select your platform, check the "agree" box, and click Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u22-windows-i586.exe that you downloaded to install the newest version.

Then download and install Adobe Reader 9.4

How is the machine running now?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Microsoft Security Essentials Alert - Page 1 DXwU4
Microsoft Security Essentials Alert - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
Machine is running much better thanks!

I downloaded Firefox to be my current browser.
I also got rid of Panda Cloud Antivirus due to its slowing down my comp.
I installed AviraAntivir.

What other programs can i use to help maintain my comp?

more_horiz
Computer maintenance is down to how well you keep your hardware and software running, eg, hardrive maintenance, how often you do clean outs of unused programs/temp files, etc

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I try to atleast check every month or so. I always use MBAM and my scanner once a day to check over everything.

more_horiz
You should also consider a hardware upgrade, your log showed me you have just under 1GB of RAM, if you can get your hands on bigger RAM sticks, you could go as high as 2GB.

Maybe buy a better processor as well, but they tend to be costly for a high-end one.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum