WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionIE won't work but Chrome and FF do EmptyIE won't work but Chrome and FF do

more_horiz
On my uncle's computer (XP about 5 yrs old) his Internet Explorer program stopped working. By mistake (piriform misclick) we got chrome installed and that would get us to the net. From that connection I was able to get Firefox downloaded and working.

So with FF working I was able to dl and install IE8 and that brand spanking new install would not work.

I left my uncle with FF (my first choice) but I think he would like IE if he can get it. Any possible suggestions for what may be wrong?

descriptionIE won't work but Chrome and FF do EmptyRe: IE won't work but Chrome and FF do

more_horiz
Hi,
You should keep Firefox! It's much more safer than IE!

If you have some question, just ask.

You can install IE8 in any time, but your Web "surfing" wouldn't be so fast as you can get with Firefox, or Chrome.

Anyway, if you like speed you should use Chrome.. if you want quality web pages with protection you should use Firefox.. if you want to use internet slow and have vulnerability you can install IE which is pretty low in browser testing..

You can check your speed on http://acid3.acidtests.org/

............................................................................................

IE won't work but Chrome and FF do V45u80

descriptionIE won't work but Chrome and FF do EmptyRe: IE won't work but Chrome and FF do

more_horiz
yes, i just heard from my uncle today and he is happy with Firefox so I don't need to worry about ie8. Thank you for your reply. :smile2:

more_horiz
alternatively if IE8 stopped working you can uninstalled and this can free up a couple of space and maybe some memory resources as well, follow this link to find out more about IE uninstall for any windows Operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum