WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionservices.msc wont work Emptyservices.msc wont work

more_horiz
well the problem is that i go to start _ run _ services.msc and everything works fine untill i go to automatic updates and try to enable (startup types) It tells me "access is denied" Please help

oh im on windows xp home edition

descriptionservices.msc wont work EmptyRe: services.msc wont work

more_horiz
Hello,

Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 >> right-click the any .mscand select Open With.

If you see Microsoft Management Console listed at the top, select it. If you do not see the Microsoft Management Console, click Browse and navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and double-click the mmc.exe file.

With the Microsoft Management Console or mmc highlighted in the Open With box, check the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file option. Click OK.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

services.msc wont work Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
well i got that far just the problem is that i open services.msc and while on it i cant configure anything. in my case im trying to configure automatic updates but whenever i change something and press apply it says access is denied

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you logged into your admin account?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
yup

more_horiz
i only got one account and its the admin

more_horiz
Hello,

Please try using sysdm.cpl, instead of services.msc.

more_horiz
well it says its already automatic and working but when i go to services.msc it says its disabled

more_horiz
Hello,

I have a feeling that this is malware related. Please continue with Belahzur's post here:

http://www.geekpolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/you-may-not-have-the-appropriate-permission-to-access-t13788.htm

Once he says that your system is clean, report back here if the problem still occurs.

more_horiz
well this happened to me recently and i followed everything i was told and it began working perfectly again so i went to the forums and saw a list of things i could do to lessen the risk of that happeneing again the first thing it said was to update windows and this is when the problem occured i couldn't enable automatic updates

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you able to enable automatic updates thourgh teh Security Center in Control Panel?

more_horiz
yeah but it doesnt say its enabled on services.msc

more_horiz
Hello,

If Control Panel says it's enabled, then it should be. I don't know why services.msc is stating otherwise.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum