WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionpc wont connect after 18 infections removed by malewarebytes  - Page 1 EmptyRe: pc wont connect after 18 infections removed by malewarebytes

more_horiz
Thanks for staying with me through this dilemma. reset to factory defaults and still no luck, took a few hours to remember my password to even be able to reset it. rebooted after reset and i can get on with my laptop but not with pc using same router. Any additional help u can offer would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Chris

descriptionpc wont connect after 18 infections removed by malewarebytes  - Page 1 EmptyRe: pc wont connect after 18 infections removed by malewarebytes

more_horiz
Hello.
Does the router have the setting for enabled DHCP?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
pc wont connect after 18 infections removed by malewarebytes  - Page 1 DXwU4
pc wont connect after 18 infections removed by malewarebytes  - Page 1 VvYDg

more_horiz
I am not sure, I am out of town till Sunday night, will check that when I get home. Is that setting also in router?? Thanks for your patience

more_horiz
Yes it is.

I wont get too technical, but it's a setting so even if your on the network, the router wont assign the machine an IP adress.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
i checked tonight, dhcp is enabled automatic, i have performed a windows internet connection troubleshooter, here are the results

DNS - Not a home user scenario

info Using Web Proxy: no
info Resolving name ok for (www.microsoft.com): no
warn Unrecognized WinSock NSP: mdnsNSP
No DNS servers

action Automated repair: Renew IP address
action Releasing the current IP address...
error Error releasing the current IP address: The system cannot find the file specified.
info Redirecting user to support call

Network Adapter Diagnostic

Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

WinSock Diagnostic

WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers.

Wireless Diagnostic

Wireless - Service disabled

Wireless - User SSID

Wireless - First time setup

Wireless - Radio off

Wireless - Out of range

Wireless - Hardware issue

Wireless - Novice user

Wireless - Ad-hoc network

Wireless - Less preferred

Wireless - 802.1x enabled

Wireless - Configuration mismatch

Wireless - Low SNR

IP Configuration Diagnostic

Invalid IP address

info Valid IP address detected: 192.168.1.110

IP Layer Diagnostic

Corrupted IP routing table

info The default route is valid
info The loopback route is valid
info The local host route is valid
info The local subnet route is valid
Invalid ARP cache entries

action The ARP cache has been flushed

Gateway Diagnostic

Gateway

info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE: Automatically Detect Settings:Disabled Automatic Configuration Script: Proxy Server: Proxy Bypass list:
info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 192.168.1.1
info This computer has the following IP address(es): 192.168.1.110
info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in 1 try(ies)
warn Hostname www.microsoft.com could not be resolved (Error code 0x2afc). Could be either gateway or DNS issue
action Automated repair: Reset network connection
action Disabling the network adapter
action Enabling the network adapter
info Network adapter successfully enabled
warn Hostname www.microsoft.com could not be resolved (Error code 0x2afc). Could be either gateway or DNS issue
action Manual repair: Reboot modem
info Waiting some time for the modem/router to stabilize

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Passive): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTP: Error 12007 connecting to www.hotmail.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn HTTPS: Error 12007 connecting to www.passport.net: The server name or address could not be resolved
warn FTP (Active): Error 12007 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: The server name or address could not be resolved
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

more_horiz
any Ideas?

more_horiz
Yes.

Please download Winsock XP Fix from here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

Download and press the Fix button. You may need to reboot after. Do you have a working connection now?

more_horiz
THANKS A MILLION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That did the trick. Once again thanks for all your help and patience. :smile2:

more_horiz
Not a problem.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum