Hi,

I am new here and just completed all the steps to make sure my computer is ready to receive help (current Java, Adobe Reader and all Microsoft updates.) I am a bit reluctant to do the OTL scan because my Norton security is telling me the file is unknown and only a week old.

I am running Windows XP Pro Version 2002, Service Pack 3. I use Comcast for internet, and recently upgraded to higher speed (from 1.5Mbps to 12Mbps) and my system is still painfully slow, esp. opening to applications and moving from window to window. Info under General in My Computer/System Properties is:

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHx, 2.5 GB of RAM

I called Dell to troubleshoot and they said with this configuration, I should not have speed problems. They concluded that I must have a virus or spyware and wanted to charge $129.99 to help. I am hoping I can resolve this on my own.

I ran Norton Anti-virus and spyware scan, as well as SpyBot and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found nothing beyond some tracking cookies and one malware password file. I have defragmented and cleaned the registry with Norton and TweakNow RegCleaner.

FYI - I was just looking at System Properties in My Computer, clicked on the System Restore tab and got the error message "Run a DLL as an App" error message and thought that seemed strange. Looking again, I got a message about Dr. Watson Debugger.

Please help! I don't know what else to do, and I am afraid all the free help out there is just spreading more malware. This site looks legitimate, but how do I know?

Thanks in advance!

Kim