WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionYahoo browser redirecting  - Page 2 EmptyRe: Yahoo browser redirecting

more_horiz
If I'm reading this correctly, I'm not sure that this makes sense. He can be home, on the road or at work and this happens. Isn't a router stationary? I *think* it is when he is using wi-fi but I will need to double check with him to see if it happens when logged in to his own private account at home as well.

descriptionYahoo browser redirecting  - Page 2 EmptyRe: Yahoo browser redirecting

more_horiz
Your computer should not have redirects while away from your normal location. But, in your normal location, the router is causing issues. By resetting the router, and throwing it back to its defaults, you can rid the infection.

more_horiz
I asked him today and he can be at home on his personal account, he can be at Starbucks, he can be tethered to his phone, he can be at work and using local wi-fi. The only time it does not happen (and I have confirmed this in as many of those places as possible) is when it is plugged in to the network cable at work.

so do I reset the home router?

more_horiz
Try that first, then we will search for more malware on the system.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum