WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAV Security Suites Malware Keeps popping up after Malware Bytes Scan EmptyAV Security Suites Malware Keeps popping up after Malware Bytes Scan

more_horiz
Thanks alot for your assistance. This is a great public service effort. I am new, just joined Sunday after an all night headache with AV Secrity Suites being scammed out of $69.00. (this program ran all night on my computer and I had over 185 infected files) After running accross your web site: I ran all of the GeekPolice removal protocals (except I missed checking off the 04-HkCU boxes in HiJack. I checked the 04-HKLM ones). I even went to some of your suggested websites to find information on other malware and anti-virus software and I downloaded the free "Microsoft Security Essentials" adding to what I already had: "Windows Defenderr" . I thought with Malware bytes, Windows Defender and Microsoft Security essentials, I'd be protected.
Wrong: Monday--after typing in my Credit card info to update billing information requested by a web vender, shortly thereafter my screen light up like a holiday in December with AV Security Suite threats that my computor was under attack and thier drop down scan window running.
I don't understand what happened? How did they manage to get back in? Did my not checking off the 04-HKCU boxes in Hijack be part of the breach? When I finished the 2 full system scans yesterday ( Malware Bytes and Microsoft Security Essentials) both scans registered a clean bill of health. I even looked in "programs" and no longer saw AV Security Suite listed. Is there possibly some web site that triggers this type malware. Are they inside my computer watching every key stroke?
I cancelled my Credit Card this morning right after the attack. But I would like to know what I might possibly be doing ...places on the web...that create more vulnerability or maybe their is some hidden "code" they are using that remains undetected by Malwarebytes etc. I want to do everything possible to prevent this, so any suggestions will be most appreciated.
Some of the files listed in todays scan log were: Trojan down load.... Adware.My.we.....Rogue.Agent....Trojan.Fraudp...1 avsoft...Rogue.Antivr....registry Key
I would like to know more about what all of this means and how malware works. Thanks alot guys for your help.

descriptionAV Security Suites Malware Keeps popping up after Malware Bytes Scan EmptyRe: AV Security Suites Malware Keeps popping up after Malware Bytes Scan

more_horiz
Hello.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
AV Security Suites Malware Keeps popping up after Malware Bytes Scan DXwU4
AV Security Suites Malware Keeps popping up after Malware Bytes Scan VvYDg
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum