WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionUsing system information EmptyUsing system information

more_horiz
System Information does not work on my PC. I get the message: ‘Cannot collect System Instrumentation software’. If I right-click on My Computer and choose Manage > Services and Applications > WMI Control, then right-click on Properties, I get the message ‘Failed to connect to because interface: Class not registered’.

descriptionUsing system information EmptyRe: Using system information

more_horiz
System Information isn’t working because the Windows Management Instrumentation service isn’t running properly, but it should start up with Windows XP. The message suggests a problem with the Registry key for it; if you’ve used a Registry cleaner it may have deleted the key. First, click Start > Run and type in SFC /SCANNOW, which will tell Windows XP to check all the system files and Registry entries for them. If that doesn’t work and you have a Windows XP CD, run Setup and select the Repair option. If you don’t have the CD use the Services console above WMI Control in the Computer Management console to check if the WMI service is running. If it’s not, try starting it.

If that doesn’t work or it was already running, stop the service and use Start > Run > CMD to open a command prompt. Type the following: CD C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 COPY REGSVR32.EXE WBEM CD WBEM FOR %f IN (*.DLL) DO REGSVR32 /S %f WINMGMT /REGSERVER EXIT Try the WMI Control again (Start > Run > WMIMGMT.MSC) – if it works, problem solved.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Using system information Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
wow! that was fast. thanks for your help.

more_horiz
you're welcome, glad to help.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Using system information Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum