WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionDisk Boot Error, insert disk and press enter, DVD drive. EmptyDisk Boot Error, insert disk and press enter, DVD drive.

more_horiz
Hello,
I took the DVD drive out of my old pc and into my new one, and i got that error on my old pc, my new one is fine, so i thought, i'll swap them back again, and mine is still find but the new one isn't. However i did take the "40 wire" out of my motherboard and i didn't on my new pc.

Obviously now i'm getting that error message so i thought maybe the wires are unplugged or something so i tried all 3 ports, and i may have broken them, im not sure but it doesnt seem to do anything. I've also tried changing the drive from master to slave ports and there's no difference, so i think i've broken something. Is there a way to fix it? or disable it in BIOS so i can still use the PC without the disk drive for now. I'd rather not have to take it in for repair.

Thanks in advance,

Rhys.

edit: Oh yeah, i forgot, i tried disabling a drive in BIOS and now the menu thing " compaq" menu doesn't appear anymore and goes straight to the black screen with the "Disk Boot Error, insert disk and press enter, DVD drive." Also i tried to change the boot roder and took Cd drive off the list, but no luck.

Last edited by rhysdrury on 14th June 2010, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionDisk Boot Error, insert disk and press enter, DVD drive. EmptyRe: Disk Boot Error, insert disk and press enter, DVD drive.

more_horiz
Sorry for double posting, but i wondered if there's a way to get it running without the drive at all, need to use the printer so i just want it to start for now :/
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum