WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows Media Player 12 Encountered a Problem EmptyWindows Media Player 12 Encountered a Problem

more_horiz
I'm running Windows 7 on an offline PC that I use for photo editing. I usually listen to music running on my other online PC while I'm editing but occasionally listen to music on the offline machine, but when I came to try this morning WMP 12 gave me the "...has encountered a problem while playing the file".

As it's an offline machine I can't use the Web Help option, but have been through the troubleshooting process and re-booted several times. The only install I can think of has been a trial version of Photoshop CS5 but I've un-installed that now and tried again and still the same problem. I also tried the "regsvr32 wmp.dll" command but received another error which I assumed was due to the machine being offline.

Anyone have any ideas what could have caused it to work one week and then stop working the next?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

descriptionWindows Media Player 12 Encountered a Problem EmptyRe: Windows Media Player 12 Encountered a Problem

more_horiz
Hi, do you have little speaker tray icon near clock ?

............................................................................................

Windows Media Player 12 Encountered a Problem V45u80
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum