WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionA Friend In Need EmptyA Friend In Need

more_horiz
Hi, it's me again. Only, this time, it's with a bit of a dilemma.

You see, my boyfriend lives far away, and his computer caught a virus like, just now. His laptop easily overheats, so he's worried about completing his Avast scan, especially since the virus seems to be able to block it pretty well. I've offered to ferry the logs and programs back and forth between you and him, because the virus won't let him register with your site.

He's going to initiate a plan now to disable the internet and restart it in order to jump the virus and get Avast to scan. If he does so, I will urge him to attempt to register an account here and have you help him directly, and if that happens, I will delete this post. If, however, he still can't register here, I'll do the ferry-back-and-forth thing.

He's really worried - the computer is his school laptop and he really needs it. If all goes well, this post will be gone. If not, I'll post back with more symptoms and the necessary system info.

Thanks,
Miri

EDIT: Hey there, my friend made it, so this thread is now garbage. I'm sorry for clogging up your boards ^^;;;

descriptionA Friend In Need EmptyRe: A Friend In Need

more_horiz
Do you still need help?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
A Friend In Need DXwU4
A Friend In Need VvYDg

more_horiz
Nope. Seems like you've already cleared up his issue ^^ Thank you, Belahzur ^^ If only I were able to delete it, but it appears only mods can do that.

more_horiz
I'll close this topic then. Smile...

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
A Friend In Need DXwU4
A Friend In Need VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum