WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWireless Internet connection drops often EmptyWireless Internet connection drops often

more_horiz
Hi,

I have a Netgear wireless router. The connection drops very often even though the status on the right corner of the screen of my laptop says it is connected. So, every time this happens, i have to go and manually disconnect and connect again. This usually happens when the laptop is idle or even like after 5-10 mins,
We have been facing this issue for a while now and have got different routers too. But, no good happened. Crying
Please advise on what may be causing this issue.

Thanks,
Priya

descriptionWireless Internet connection drops often EmptyRe: Wireless Internet connection drops often

more_horiz
Hello,

How far are you away from the router? This usually happens to me too when I get too far away.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Wireless Internet connection drops often Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionWireless Internet connection drops often EmptyRe: Wireless Internet connection drops often

more_horiz
Hi Doc!

I am 2 feet away from the router. I am damn sure it is not because of the distance in my case.
Please advice me on the actions to avoid this.

Thanks,
Priya

more_horiz
Hello,

Please unplug the router from the power, even the power cables. Leave it for about 20 minutes so that it sort of resets. Try connecting back and see if it happens again.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Wireless Internet connection drops often Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum