WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWork computer keeps having problems - Page 2 EmptyRe: Work computer keeps having problems

more_horiz
They appear to be excel worksheets all created relatively recently. I did not manually create any of those files. Some program must have created them, perhaps they are temporary files? I am not sure.

descriptionWork computer keeps having problems - Page 2 EmptyRe: Work computer keeps having problems

more_horiz
Okay, please delete them.

How is the machine running?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Work computer keeps having problems - Page 2 DXwU4
Work computer keeps having problems - Page 2 VvYDg

more_horiz
Actually it seems to be running somewhat slow today. I migrated almost all my work to a different computer for the time being.

edit: I also downloaded the spybot program you recomended and it is currently running it's immunize feature.

more_horiz
Hmm.
Can you look in Task Manager for me and see what process is using the most memory? the logs tell me you've got 2gb memory, and 1gb is being used. 1gb should still be enough resources to run smoothly, but weird why 1gb is being eaten away at.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Processes sorted by Mem Usage

McProxy.exe
mcods.exe
Mcshield.exe
explorer.exe
svchost.exe
SimplyConnectionManager.exe
AAWService.exesvchost.exe
McNASvc.exe
QBCFMonitorService.exe
winlogon.exe
svchost.exe
hnm_svc.exe
searchindexer.exe
spoolsv.exe
lsass.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
unsecapp.exe
thunderbird.exe
alg.exe
RTHDCPL.EXE
services.exe
csrss.exe
hpzipm12.exe
wuauclt.exe
PDVDDXSrv.exe
wmiprvse.exe
mcvsshld.exe
MpfSrv.exe
mcsysmon.exe
msksrver.exe
mcmscsvc.exe
pmxmiced.exe
jusched.exe
ico.exe
taskmgr.exe
jqs.exe
smss.exe
mcagent.exe
AAWTray.exe
System
System Idle Process

more_horiz
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum