WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionVista SP2 - Wont Boot up After.... EmptyVista SP2 - Wont Boot up After....

more_horiz
Hey Guys,

I went to install the Vista SP2 (Finally) as I thought the issues may have been resolved....guess what!
Vista wont boot up now....can you guys help?

Thanks

descriptionVista SP2 - Wont Boot up After.... EmptyRe: Vista SP2 - Wont Boot up After....

more_horiz
Could you please provide a little more information for us to work with?
- You had malware problems previously? If so, they were handled on this site?
- Where exactly does your computer strand and what kind of error message do you get?
- Was you Vista working prior to installing SP2?
- What is your shoe size?

descriptionVista SP2 - Wont Boot up After.... EmptyRe: Vista SP2 - Wont Boot up After....

more_horiz
klapensee,

please do the following:

First
ISOBurner this will allow you to burn OTLPE ISO to a cd and make it bootable. Just install the program, from there on in it is fairly automatic. Instructions

Second
  • Download OTLPE.iso and burn to a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is 292Mb in size so it may take some time to download.
  • When downloaded double click and this will then open ISOBurner to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
  • Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
  • When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
  • When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
  • Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
  • OTL should now start. Change the following settings
    • Change Drivers to Non-Microsoft
    • Press Run Scan to start the scan.
    • When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\_OTL\MovedFiles
    • Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
    • Please post the contents of the OTL.txt file in your reply.

more_horiz
Gabethebabe wrote:
Could you please provide a little more information for us to work with?
- You had malware problems previously? If so, they were handled on this site?
- Where exactly does your computer strand and what kind of error message do you get?
- Was you Vista working prior to installing SP2?
- What is your shoe size?

Yes Dragon, Hello How are you?
Here is some more info for you as I know that I was vague earlier....

- You had malware problems previously? If so, they were handled on this site? Yes
- Where exactly does your computer strand and what kind of error message do you get? When I boot up I get this:
after installing SP2, I am unable to boot into desktop, getting the error: !! 0xc0190036 !! 1161/46613 (Faultrep.dll). It takes me to a modified "Scan Disk" and stalls on that file....
- Was you Vista working prior to installing SP2? Yes
- What is your shoe size? 10 Smile...

more_horiz
faultrep.dll is a Windows System DLL.

This means certain system files were not installed correctly. Go ahead with OTLPE, and we will take a good look at it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum