WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionSolvedComputer wont boot. PLEASE HELP!

more_horiz
I was using internet explorer and It was acting up so I shut off the computer. When I tried to restart it would not start windows. It brought up my nortons and then went to a blank screen. I can hear the tower running. I have all my daughters pictures on there and never backed them up! Is there anyway I can fix this without having to restore to factory settings.

descriptionSolvedRe: Computer wont boot. PLEASE HELP!

more_horiz
Can you boot into safe mode by tapping F8 at boot up?

more_horiz
when It is booting up it gives me two options which ask me what system I want to boot with. Windows xp or windows recovery. I can hit f8 then but when I try to go into safe mode it just goes to the blank screen.

more_horiz
If you choose Windows recovery, you can try the repair, you might still be able to get the photos.

more_horiz
goes straight to the blank screen with both options

more_horiz
Can you boot from your install disc and do a full repair install?
This should keep all your data intact.

If Malware is involved and for some reason you are unable to perform a repair install, you could always boot up a Linux Live recovery Distro from a CD and then transfer all your data to a safe location before a format and clean install of windows!

http://www.filerecoveryguide.com/data-recovery/43/recovering-data-using-a-linux-live-cddvd/

Regards

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum