WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionI have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option EmptyI have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option

more_horiz
Hi, I have a Gateway laptop with Windows XP. The computer will turn on and go to the welcome screen (but this is as far as it will go). After I click the "owner" user name the screen says "loading" but kicks back to the welcome screen and says it is logging off. I restart/turn off and turn back on trying to get to the safe mode option, only I can't. I looked through posts on here (GeekPolice) and another post had said to download the Avir rescue disc and burn it to a cd. I did this and ran the scan on my laptop. Then I tried yet again to log on so that I can run a virus removal program but same problem when I get to the welcome screen. Any help would be very much appreciated.

P.S. I have run my other laptop in safe mode before when I had a virus so I do know how to get to safe mode. Its very wierd, the screen will not even give me the option to run in safe mode.

descriptionI have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option EmptyRe: I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option

more_horiz
Hello.

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option DXwU4
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option VvYDg

descriptionI have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option EmptyRe: I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option

more_horiz
I have the Avira cd and I ran it yesterday in the computer. At the end of the scan it just said "scan complete" the computer didn't start on its own, so I restarted it and had the same problem at the welcome screen. I'm going to run the Avira cd again, but when the scan is finished what should I do?

more_horiz
We'll see what the report says first before going to other ideas.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option DXwU4
I have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option VvYDg

descriptionI have a worm but computer will not give me safe mode option EmptyAvira rescue cd scan finished...now what?

more_horiz
I have run the Avira rescue cd but I don't know what I should do next.

The scan results read:
Directories: 8739
Scanned files: 355230
Alerts: 23
Suspicious: 0
Repaired: 0
Deleted: 0
Quarantined: 0
Warnings: 24

Hello. Please keep all of your posts in one topic. Having one helper, avoids confusion. Thanks! ~DragonMaster Jay

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum