WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMy IE will not work.  I can use Mozilla Firefox, but no longer IE EmptyMy IE will not work. I can use Mozilla Firefox, but no longer IE

more_horiz
A couple days ago I had a wuauclt.exe infected error that kept popping up. The tech had me run an OTL scan and then sent me the commands to run on OTL Fix Scan.

That fixed the wuauclt.exe problem, but now my IE does not work. I ran HiJack This, and from the abbreviation key that it provided, there have been changes in the registry to IE and other programs.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

descriptionMy IE will not work.  I can use Mozilla Firefox, but no longer IE EmptyRe: My IE will not work. I can use Mozilla Firefox, but no longer IE

more_horiz
Please download RegQuery by Noviciate from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Double click RegQuery.exe to run it.
  • Please copy the following registry keypath:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

• Paste the text in the open field where it says "Enter Key Name:".
  • Now, Click the Query button.
  • A log shall open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents of it in your next reply.

Note: The file from RegQuery is not saved on the computer, so please save it or post it in a new reply before closing it.

descriptionMy IE will not work.  I can use Mozilla Firefox, but no longer IE EmptyRe: My IE will not work. I can use Mozilla Firefox, but no longer IE

more_horiz
Alright. Thank you for helping. I did as you said, and here is the log:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001

more_horiz
Is this a company computer?

Please let me know.

more_horiz
I fixed the problem using HiJack this and fixing the registry error, but thanks for the help!

more_horiz
ok

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum