WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMozilla Firefox EmptyMozilla Firefox

more_horiz
Several months ago, you guys helped me get rid of major spyware and recommended that I use Mozilla Firefox. I have been, but it seems to be getting slower and slower to load. Sometimes it doesn't load and my computer freezes. Once it is loaded, or if I use Internet Explorer instead, then I am OK - not super fast, but fast enough. I am thinking of uninstalling Firefox but thought I would check with you guys first. Can you help?

descriptionMozilla Firefox EmptyRe: Mozilla Firefox

more_horiz
Ok buddy give the below a try and let us know:

What Causes Firefox To Slowdown

Well, here are the things I observed that causes Firefox to slow down significantly:

•The more tabs or windows you open, the slower Firefox gets as it increases significantly more RAM consumption and CPU usage.

•Viewing web pages with Adobe Flash and streaming videos on many tabs simultaneously will cause Firefox to slow down heavily until sometimes it becomes unresponsive. If you are in Windows Vista and your memory is low, the more you are to experience this kind of slowdown symptom. Adobe Flash player is a monster plugin and it causes Firefox web browser to consume more RAM and CPU. In fact, I have experienced on my system that the videos streamed through this player pauses every two seconds and it sucks.

•If you have installed and enabled a lot of Firefox extensions, there is a big chance that Firefox 3 will eat a lot of RAM and CPU, causing the web browser to slow down as a result. While there are lots of nice and useful Firefox extensions out there that adds more exciting to your web browsing, I highly recommend that you only enable the extensions you really need if you want speed.

•Same would be the case if you have a lot of plug-ins installed and enabled. However, unlike Firefox extensions, plug-ins are usually invoked on certain pages who use it. So, the slowdown chance is not that great. By the way, Adobe Flash player, the one that is invoked when you watch YouTube and similar sites, is a Mozilla Firefox plug-in.

•If you have a slow computer system. If your laptop or personal computer is slow on system RAM and your processor has slower clock speed, you will definitely notice more how Firefox will slowdown each day especially if you experience the above-mentioned causes. I am on a decent laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo processor, a SATA hard disk drive and 3 gigabytes of RAM, so it’s a bit mysterious as to why Firefox 3 still slows down.
How To Make Firefox 3 Faster

Now, for sure these procedures will make Firefox 3 feel faster again:

•Defragment your hard disk drive.
•Clear Firefox cache and all your system temporarily files.
•Disable all your Firefox extensions.
•Get a faster computer with higher clock speeds and generous RAM supply.
•Don’t visit sites that uses plugins that causes Firefox to slowdown (well, don’t follow this if you like to watch YouTube a lot).
Now, if those things don’t work for you, maybe it’s time to consider other newer web browsers that runs simultaneous threads at the same time: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome are the best alternatives.

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
How do I:
Defragment your hard disk drive.
•Disable all your Firefox extensions. ?

more_horiz
efcdcdb wrote:
How do I:
Defragment your hard disk drive.
•Disable all your Firefox extensions. ?

Go and install these great programs:

CCleaner - Cleans all un-needed junk from IE. Firefox etc - http://www.ccleaner.com/
Smart Defrag - Keeps your hard drive optimized - http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

To disable all of Firefox's add-ons, you have to open the browser in its Safe Mode (no relation to Windows' own Safe Mode) by clicking Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). A quicker way is to press the Windows key (in XP, follow this by pressing R), type Firefox -safe-mode, and press Enter.

The Firefox Safe Mode dialog box that appears before Firefox opens, click "Disable all add-ons" and choose the Make Changes and Restart button to run the browser with no add-ons or extensions enabled.

Both are safe an I use these apps everyday on my pc and over 300 clients!

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum