WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Hijackthis Problems

2 posters

descriptionHijackthis Problems - Page 2 EmptyRe: Hijackthis Problems

more_horiz
1. As far as antispyware and firewall suggestions above, do I need all of those or do I just need to have at least one of them?

2. I followed the directions via Windows update, etc. to get Vista Service Packs 1&2 and my computer does not even show an update failed/successful for 1. For 2, it seems to always fail, with about 12+ other updates. According to the site, I shouldn't do the direct download for just a single computer. Is there anything I can do about this? My husband told me over the phone that there has been an issue with those updates for a long time now and it is going to require some disk to repair. Is there another way?
Hijackthis Problems - Page 2 Untitl14

Hijackthis Problems - Page 2 Untitl15

3. The same Windows Defender error keeps popping up upon restart of my system. Can I delete this program from my computer without messing up anything else?
Hijackthis Problems - Page 2 Window12

4. I am trying to update Adobe Reader but i cannot uninstall it. Do you know what this means?
Hijackthis Problems - Page 2 Reader10

more_horiz
1. No, just one of each.
2. Since it is more of a technical issue, I would recommend to post in the following section: http://www.GeekPolice.net/software-f6/
3. You can disable it.
4. Try to install the new version, then attempt to uninstall the old version after.

more_horiz
Helpful is a complete understatement. I am very grateful for this site and all that you all provide. My very livelihood depends on this machine at this point in life and you have kept that afloat. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank You! You are indeed a jewel.

more_horiz
You're welcome.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum