WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionEditing C:\boot.ini using ubuntu? EmptyEditing C:boot.ini using ubuntu?

more_horiz
Hello. I am currently unable to load windows xp and am booting off of a linux cd. The problems is, when i was able to use xp, i had went into msconfig and changed my system's settings to boot into safe mode. Unfortunately, safe mode only crashes and does not load. The thing is, because i had went through msconfig to boot into safemode, my computer has changed normal mode into safe mode. So even if i try to choose to boot in normal mode, it still tries to boot in safe mode and just crashes. Now, i know that i can access the boot.ini file unsing ubuntu and this is what i see:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti…

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WI… Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /safeboot:network

Looking at this, is there a way that i can basically get my computer to boot using NORMAL normal mode instead of safe mode? thanx

descriptionEditing C:\boot.ini using ubuntu? EmptyRe: Editing C:\boot.ini using ubuntu?

more_horiz
josefromtexas wrote:
Hello. I am currently unable to load windows xp and am booting off of a linux cd. The problems is, when i was able to use xp, i had went into msconfig and changed my system's settings to boot into safe mode. Unfortunately, safe mode only crashes and does not load. The thing is, because i had went through msconfig to boot into safemode, my computer has changed normal mode into safe mode. So even if i try to choose to boot in normal mode, it still tries to boot in safe mode and just crashes. Now, i know that i can access the boot.ini file unsing ubuntu and this is what i see:

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partiti…

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WI… Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /safeboot:network

Looking at this, is there a way that i can basically get my computer to boot using NORMAL normal mode instead of safe mode? thanx

I don't understand why you have the timeout set to 30 seconds? If you can access your boot.ini, just delete the last portion "/safeboot:network" and it should work fine.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum