WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionProblems with wireless network EmptyProblems with wireless network

more_horiz
I have a small wireless network set up between my desktop and laptop. Laptop is running windows 7, desktop is windows xp. The only thngs I use the network for is internet connection and a wireless printer to print things from my laptop. I have zonealarm firewall installed on my desktop but not on my laptop. When I set up the printer connection zonealarm wouldn't allow me to, so I shut off zone alarm while I set up the printer. From that time on whenever I needed to print something from wither of my computers I had to turn zonealarm off. It was working out great ntil a few hours ago. I had to print something off of my laptop but forgot to go over to my desktop to turn zonealarm off before I printed. My printing job then got stuck in queue after I turned zonealarm off. Ive restarted both computers several times, turned the printer on & off 2 times, made sure zonealarm was off. But now my laptop printer connection is not connecting with the printer or the desktop, the network at all. My internet is fine, but that's because I have a router. Please help me fix this, I realy need to print off of my laptop.

descriptionProblems with wireless network EmptyRe: Problems with wireless network

more_horiz
Hi

On both machines, please do the following:

Start Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and click on processes. When in processes, right-click on spoolsv and click End Process Tree.

Do this two more times, and the Service will reset itself, so restart the computer afterward.

Once done, the queue should have reset.

Let me know if this works, or if you get an access denied message.

descriptionProblems with wireless network EmptyRe: Problems with wireless network

more_horiz
Thanks for replying. After I posted my message last night I was looking around on my laptop and I noticed there was an error with the printer driver. It got uninstalled somehow. But before I dd anything I wanted to see if I'd get any replies here. So I did what you said on both computers, restarted, then on my laptop I attempted to reinstall the printer's driver. The printer is HP Officejet 6000 wireless. It found the wireless printer, so I'm assuming the network between my desktop and laptop is communicating alright? It got me through all of the installation but when it came down to the last part of configuring and setting up the printer. It says printer connected then 2 seconds later it says printer setup has failed to complete. It has a little animation, dialog box, whatever you call it, that shows me the process. There's a picture of 2 computers connecting to a router which then connects to the printer. When it gets to the router part of the animation that's where it says it failed. So then is it not recognizing the network, I'm confused. It doesn't give me any reason to the error, just says that setup could not complete. Thanks for all of your help.

more_horiz
Nevermind, I got t to work. I had to uninstall and reinstall the printer a few times but it's working great now.

One more thing, are you familiar with zonealarm? Is there anyway I can fix it to where that firewall doesn't block my printer?

Thanks!

more_horiz
In Zone Alarm, click the Firewall tab at the left and then the Zones tab at the top. Click the "Add" button and select "Subnet", then type in:

IP address - 192.168.1.0 (Your IP)

Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0 (Your Subnet Mask)

Description - {anything} but it needs an entry

Click OK and, back in the main window, click Apply. Using the subnet address of 192.168.1.0 (Your IP) will allow access to all addresses from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum