WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionwireless home network Emptywireless home network

more_horiz
ive been trying to set up a home wireless network. My satellite internet service, connects to a desktop. The printer is usually connected to the desktop, but I would like to be able to print from the laptop since thats usually what I use the most. I have a wireless router and thought if I connected the printer to the router it might work, but wondering if its necessary to have a wireless printer. My printer is an older one, so I doubt that its wireless. Does it need to be? Thanx everyone

descriptionwireless home network EmptyRe: wireless home network

more_horiz
no it dose not need to be wireless, it might makethings easyer but not nessary. if it has a network connection such as an ethernet cable port it would also work. even if has non of these it will still work ur just gonna have to use the desktop as a print server i witch means u need to keep that desktop on when ever u wanna print from it

more_horiz
thank you for replying and for your help. Do I need to use a cable to connect the printer to the desktop, or, do I need to do anything else. Again, thank you.

more_horiz
If you go wireless - NO
You will need a usb cable if you want to plug it into your Computer (Desktop)

............................................................................................

MiKeY

MCITP MCSE CompTia A+ Server+ Security+

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum