WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionHelp- Windows Installer error EmptyHelp- Windows Installer error

more_horiz
I am having a problem that I was hoping to find a remedy for myself, but no luck. I do know a little about computers and problem-solving (very little no doubt),I do consider myself a novice. So I probably know just enough to get me into trouble.
I am unable to open downloaded files and attachments from my mail; rtf, doc, whatever. My window installer does not open them. Sometimes an error message appears stating something about 'Patch package could not be opened. Invalid window installer patch see vendor." Apparently I do not have a properly working window installer.
I do have Kiwee toolbar and screen that IU have tried to remove without much success. I am fearful to try more fixes out of fear of doing more damage. Additionally, my computer is very slow and often freezes. I have pruchased a new wireless keyboard, mouse and printer. I tried to install the keyboard and the printer but no luck! So I didn't even try the printer.I did download HighjackThis, run it and save the reading in Notepad. Please Help. OH, I almost forgot, Windows XP 2002 version, SP 3, Dell Dimension 4700.
I beg forgiveness for this long post. I teach English so I tend to ramble and write a great deal. Thanks in advance. Tracy.

descriptionHelp- Windows Installer error EmptyRe: Help- Windows Installer error

more_horiz
Can You State the Specific files you are trying to Open.

~Acid

more_horiz
Any .rtf or .doc files that come in attachments in my email. Mostly bank statements and lesson plans.

more_horiz
What Version is your Windows Installer

more_horiz
I am not sure. I have never updated or changed anything other than what automatic updates I receive.

more_horiz
Do You Get an Error Code With It,

Example

Error 380 :

Windows Cannot Configure t
his

~Acid

more_horiz
It used to say "Invalid window installer. patch package could not be opened. Invalid window installer patch. Call vendor.
Now I do not even get that box. It is a just quick really quick flash not text or anything.

more_horiz
Hmm, What Version of Microsoft Office do you Have and what is your Operating System

~Acid

more_horiz
microsoft office xp standard for students and teacher and the windows XP 2002 that was instaled on the coputer by dell

more_horiz
Could you find out What Version of Microsoft Office The Bank Statements and Lesson Plans were saved on, It Might be Due to this

~Acid

more_horiz
When I went to get more information this appeared.
"The Window Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."
The bank document is in rtf format has a Word icon by it, so my guess is that it is the Windows XP 2002 version. Here' the message. The other program for students and teachers runs WordPerfect, I believe. I rarely use it since I prefer Word.

more_horiz
Thank You,

You Can Try to use WordPerfect and tell me if it works,

I am Also not Certified to Make you Follow my Orders. I am New aswell.

Try WordPerfect and maybe one of your files are Corrupt,
Maybe That's why Windows Installer Wont Work.

~Acid

more_horiz
No go. . . same error message about "The Window Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel"

more_horiz
Can I reinstallthe windows installer. I don't have a disk it. My computer was preformatted with Office 2002.

more_horiz
Try and Reinstall Windows Installer, Try not to Stop the Download and Make Sure you download the right one for your CPU

more_horiz
okay. What about removing that Kiwee crap from my computer.

more_horiz
If you Do Not Use it, Remove it

~Acid

more_horiz
Thanks for your help. I'll be back. The problem with the KIwee crap is that it WON'T remove. I t has hȋdden crap that I can't locate. Talk later and thaks again.

more_horiz
All i can Help!

~Acid

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum