WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionRan Malwarebytes for Antivirus Live... EmptyRan Malwarebytes for Antivirus Live...

more_horiz
but now I am having another problem that seems rather odd.
I followed your tutorial on removing the Antivirus Live malware. It seemed to have worked until it came down to the restarting part. The program said that it needed to restart, so I agreed... and then Windows posted an error message saying it couldn't be done... So I restarted it myself... and now when I start up in regular mode, I get a blank grey screen. So I panicked, and came back to safe mode and here I am... and running another scan (a full one this time). It's been running for over a half an hour now and still hasn't found anything.

I am hoping this was just a fluke and my computer hasn't been irreparably damaged in this process. I followed your instructions completely. I tried restarting twice in regular mode and both times it came up grey.
Oh, Geek Police. Can you help me?
Sad tearing

I am running Windows Vista on a crappy Dell Inspiron 1525.

descriptionRan Malwarebytes for Antivirus Live... EmptyRe: Ran Malwarebytes for Antivirus Live...

more_horiz
Please download RootRepeal from GooglePages.com.

• Extract the program file to your Desktop.
  • Run the program RootRepeal.exe and go to the Report tab and click on the Scan button.
    Ran Malwarebytes for Antivirus Live... Nclahc

• Select ALL of the checkboxes and then click OK and it will start scanning your system.
    Ran Malwarebytes for Antivirus Live... 2j5lb6
  • If you have multiple drives you only need to check the C: drive or the one Windows is installed on.
  • When done, click on Save Report
  • Save it to the Desktop.
  • Please copy/paste the contents of the report in your next reply.

Please remove any e-mail address in the RootRepeal report (if present).
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum