WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionAntivirus live EmptyAntivirus live

more_horiz
I have tried to follow your instructions, but nothing works. The antivirus alert comes up before any action can take place.

EXE helper and hijack this can not run.

It is becoming very frustratin!

descriptionAntivirus live EmptyRe: Antivirus live

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix Antivirus live Combofix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Alternate link: Forospyware.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Antivirus live Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Antivirus live RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
I cannot run ComboFix. The following message appears:

Application cannot be executed. The file wuauclt.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

more_horiz
Please download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
"<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.

• Click NO
  • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
  • Now click the Scan button.
    Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

Post the contents of GMER.txt in your next reply.

==

more_horiz
I was able to download gmer Rootkit Scanner. I was able to unzip the file to my desktop. However, when I double clicked, the scan did not run and the following message was displayed:

"Application cannot be executed. The file gmer.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?"

This was the first time I was able to download anything, so maybe we are making progress.

BoiloerDave

more_horiz
Antivirus live Mbamicontw5 Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • Please save the log to a location you will remember.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

more_horiz
Cannot run scan.....Message says MBAM is infected.

more_horiz
Your computer is infected with a dangerous infection:
http://www.helpmyos.com/malware-threat-removal-f6/virut-information-t879.htm

We have hit a dead end. Please tell me when you have completed a reformat and reinstall.

I am sorry for the bad news. I do not understand why these mean people make such harsh viruses, and I wish there was a way to clean your system without everything being damaged. But, the problem is, cleaning the system, most files will be damaged. It is like trying to clean up a city that just had a tornado or hurricane run through it. Takes rebuilding, and time to set back up.

more_horiz
Is it possible to go back to a previous system date where the system was not affected?

more_horiz
Unfortunately no. It infects System Restore as well, and inserts spaghetti code in to them.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum