WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet security 2010 cannot bootup - no safe mode EmptyInternet security 2010 cannot bootup - no safe mode

more_horiz
I have deleted all of the files listed as infected except for the registry values which cannot be found. I had to use a bootup disk to remove the files on harddisk.

Still it does NOT work.

Any suggestions?

descriptionInternet security 2010 cannot bootup - no safe mode EmptyRe: Internet security 2010 cannot bootup - no safe mode

more_horiz
These are links to Anti-virus vendors that offer free LiveCD or Rescue CD files that are used to boot from for repair of unbootable and damaged systems, rescue data, scan the system for virus infections. Burn it as an image to a disk to get a bootable CD. All (except Avira) are in the ISO Image file format. Avira uses an EXE that has built-in CD burning capability.
If you are not sure how to burn an image, please read How to write a CD/DVD image or ISO. If you need a FREE utility to burn the ISO image, download and use ImgBurn.

Let me know how it goes.

descriptionInternet security 2010 cannot bootup - no safe mode EmptyRe: Internet security 2010 cannot bootup - no safe mode

more_horiz
Delete.
I used the wrong program to burn CD. Just downloaded a Img burner and am running Dr. Web liveCD.

Last edited by woh on 28th January 2010, 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just found answer to my own question.)

more_horiz
Oh ok. Let me know how it goes.

more_horiz
Hi,
I ran Dr Web Live CD from the bootup disk and deleted all the files detected as infected.
However, we I reboot from the hard drive. I still get the bogus infected warning on my desktop background and I cannot replace the this under properties.

Also I could not get an internet connection with my wireless card.

Any suggestions?

more_horiz
Task manager functioning?

more_horiz
I haven't tried task manager. I'll try it tonight. What processes do I need to delete if I have Task Manager?

more_horiz
is2010.exe
winlogon86.exe
winupdate86.exe
41.exe

==

All of those, if they exist, should be terminated (End Process).

more_horiz
Thanks. I will check for these processes and terminate, if I can in a little while.

By the way, I am trying to understand these "processes".
My question is if I terminate them when they are running, wouldn't they just come back when I rebook the computer?

Also, in Dr Web I chose "delete" for all the files detected (even one that said archive and not infected) instead of "cure". Did I do the right thing?

more_horiz
Yes you did the right thing.

By terminating the processes, yes they will re-spawn after the computer boots.

But see if you can run any programs after terminating those processes.

more_horiz
I have tried and cannot get into task manager.

What is next?

more_horiz
Consulting other experts, please wait.

more_horiz
Do I need to reformat the hard drive?

more_horiz
Hi,
It's been 3 days since I posted my problem and have not gotten a response.

more_horiz
I still have not gotten a reply from any corresponding experts. Sorry for the delay.

What I highly recommend now is a reformat and a reinstallation of Windows XP.

Please let me know if you are prepared to do so.

So, with that said, do you have your Windows XP CD?

Guides for format and reinstall: http://www.GeekPolice.net/tutorials-guides-f13/how-to-reformat-and-reinstall-your-operating-system-t15119.htm#95115

http://www.helpmyos.com/tutorials-software-alternatives-to-proprietary-f19/how-to-reformat-and-reinstall-your-operating-system-the-easy-way-t1307.htm#3143

more_horiz
Yes, I can reformat the HD and reinstall the OS.
I have the system CD. I have a Windows XP sp1a for compaq.

The directions says not to perform a repair. This means I will loose all the data. Is that right?

more_horiz
Would be, yes.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum