WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionhelp with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore Emptyhelp with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore

more_horiz
I will do the best explaining my problem, please bear with me, I'm new to this forum and have read all the rules so am posting my problems instead of trying to fixit from another forum answer, I am running Windows XP, with the free Avira virus protection, I have already encountered internet security 2009 and removed that by going into safe mode and restoring to an earlier date it worked fine, now I have internet security 2010, this one is much tougher, I couldn't restart in safe mode so I ran my avira and found 4 items, it cleaned them up but not the 2010 virus, everytime I tried to run the protection it found nothing else, now I can't boot up to download anything, when I start up it goes to a screen asking which mode to start in ( safe mode,safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, start windows normally then after choosing one of these it goes to a screen asking to choose windows or windows recovery, if I choose one it goes right back to the first choice screen ( safe mode etc.) but if I hold down the F8 key it goes to a different screen with several choices like enable boot logging, enable VGA mode, reboot, etc.,I wish I had seen this forum before working on my system, I have irreplacable documents in files that I need and hope you can help me get windows started to recover them, I tried to reboot with the avira recover disk I burned with no luck, windows wouldn't recognize the CD,I also have my system recovery disks that I made when I first bought the computer but I don't want to reload windows and lose my information, can one of the wonderful techs here help me please.

descriptionhelp with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore Emptybump for help,please.

more_horiz
bump....

descriptionhelp with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore EmptyRe: help with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore

more_horiz
Hello.
Are you able to do a repair install by using your original XP disc?

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
help with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore DXwU4
help with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore VvYDg

descriptionhelp with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore EmptyRe: help with removing internet security 2010,windows won't boot up anymore

more_horiz
Hello Belahzur,
I only have the recovery CD's I made when I bought the computer theres about 12 of them, It never came with an original XP disc, If I can do a repair with them and you could possibly walk me through it, I might be able to. I can get to recovery but I'm not that experienced on what or how to do anything when I get there without losing my files and documents. Thank-you

more_horiz
Put the recovery disc in and boot from it, what options does it give you?

............................................................................................

more_horiz
Hi Belahzur.. i have this exact problem.. and a recovery cd ... should i just follow the prompts to do a repair install?

more_horiz
Belahzur wrote:
Put the recovery disc in and boot from it, what options does it give you?

when I start the computer with the #1 disc in it gives me options of:

Press 'R' for standard PC Recovery options.
Press 'F' to format the hard drive and reinstall the original factory settings.ALL DATA WILL BE LOST
Press'Q' to Quit this menu.

NOTE: I can go to system recovery without the disc in by pressing F12 upon startup.
if I do either of these will I lose all my data on the hard drive? I need to save those.

more_horiz
No, recovery mode may have options for more advanced things we can use.

more_horiz
O.K........thanks, so what should I do next?

more_horiz
Load up the first option for recovery, where does it take you? what options does that present?

more_horiz
this is what it goes to after choosing the R for standard recovery.
Welcome to PC Recovery
This program allows you to recover your PC should you experience a PC failure or instability.

Pc Recovery works from a dedicated recovery partition on your hard drive.

If you wish to recover your PC in the future using the recovery partition simply hold down the F10 key during your PC's startup.

then theres a box that says OK to click on.

more_horiz
Hello.
Thought so, a recovery partition.

Basically, it's formatting the machine, only quicker.

more_horiz
But is this going to wipe my hard drive clean or after using this method will my files be saved? If they will be saved then we can move foreward, so should I go ahead and click the OK? so we may finish this a little faster can you give me step by step instructions in your next post? Thank You!

more_horiz
I have found another post similar to my situation would this work to reboot my computer?

http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/security-2010-others-happening-t18533.htm

more_horiz
O.K. I have done a system recovery and it worked I can now open windows, all my files were returned after and the icon for internet security 2010 was on the desk top as a shortcut but I don't see the files in task manager identified in the removal guide to remove does this mean it is no longer in my computer, I can now access the internet should I run any type of scan for you to view? Plus my outlook express is not opening can you help with that? At the moment I have no virus protection until I install some so will not be surfing the web. what would you recomend as a free download?

more_horiz
Hello.

You aren't running Anti Virus Software

Please install Avira antivirus otherwise you won't be protected.

1) Antivir PersonalEditionClassic
-Free anti-virus software for Windows.
-Detects and removes more than 50,000 viruses. Free support.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.

Delete any leftover desktop shortcuts.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum