WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionInternet Security 2010 Virus - Computer won't boot up completely EmptyInternet Security 2010 Virus - Computer won't boot up completely

more_horiz
I have the Internet Security 2010 Virus on my Dell 8300. When I first discovered it I was, obviously, online. I ran Windows Defender and Spybot against it. Spybot seem to help in that I found a number of problems but then said to reboot to run spybot again. I haven't been able to completely reboot since. What happens when I start the computer regularly it gets to the point of showing my wallpaper, says it's loading personal settings, then it says it's logging off. The wallpaper is there the whole time. It does this infinite cycle of loading personal settings and logging off. I am able to go into setup, where I have tried changing a few things, like the boot sequence because someone burned me a copy of fixdisc, but it doesn't work. I can get to the screen where the boot sequence options are all there, but I cannot arrow to any of them. So at times down and starts the same cyclical sequence. I've tried F10, no luck. I've tried F12, no luck. I even get to a window where he gives me the option of starting normally, via the C: drive, or the CD-ROM, but, even with the CD-ROM in I get nowhere. If I could get it to boot up I feel like I've read enough about this particular virus to solve the problem -- possibly, but I have to get it to boot up first. Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you so much just for reading. Jeff

descriptionInternet Security 2010 Virus - Computer won't boot up completely EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 Virus - Computer won't boot up completely

more_horiz
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

descriptionInternet Security 2010 Virus - Computer won't boot up completely EmptyRe: Internet Security 2010 Virus - Computer won't boot up completely

more_horiz
I apologize if my first post was unclear. I cannot access my desktop long enough to do anything whatsoever. When my computer starts up and loads to the degree that it does, I get my wallpaper in the background and the "loading personal settings'' followed quickly by "Windows is shutting down". This happens without hesitation and loops loops loops forever. There is no way I know of to actually download something to this affected computer desktop. It's not there except when looping through this continuous process. Am I missing something by your request?

more_horiz
Hello.

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.

Can you logon in Safe Mode?

more_horiz
I won't be able to try this until I get back home from work, but I've been in the Advanced Options boot sequence before and I could not arrow up or down from where it stood when I arrived there. It simply counted down and started the same old way. But I will try this again when I get home. Assuming this doesn't work, and the other suggestions. I'm creating a Kasperski bootup disk while here at work to try. Make sense?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum