WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionWindows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor EmptyWindows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor

more_horiz
Hi All,

Im running Windows 7 on my new PC but I'm having problems connecting to wireless devices.

My PC came with a wireless antenae that screws into the back of the PC. I've screwed it in but I don't seem to be able to detect any wireless devices ie my XP PC (which has a wireless USB adaptor) or my bluetooth enabled phone.

I've explored the network setting area, even tried looking for devices but it never seems to finish searching. nȯne of the devices can detect my PC either.

Im sure the answer is very simple but i'm obviously missing something, any help is appreciated!

Is there any way to double check its working and turned on?

Thanks!

descriptionWindows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor EmptyRe: Windows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor

more_horiz
Hello,

That wireless adapter is supposed to detect your router which will then make you able to detect your PC. Not your phone or directly to your PC.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Windows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionWindows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor EmptyRe: Windows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor

more_horiz
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

Its a little bad on Microsofts part as the Help files certainly suggest connecting to bluetooth devices is possible. Nevermind, i'll dig out the USB cable.

Thanks!

more_horiz
The wireless adaptor is to connect to a wireless network.

To connect to a bluetooth device you will need a Bluetooth adaptor.

Windows 7 & A Wireless Adaptor Base_media?q=FroogleCatalog_CNETI650955

Link to Google Products

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum