WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

Computer is freezing up and running slow

2 posters

descriptionComputer is freezing up and running slow - Page 8 EmptyRe: Computer is freezing up and running slow

more_horiz
I deleted Comodo and restarted my computer and I am still getting svchost.exe using 100% of my computer. So what do I do now to stop it from using 100% of my computer memory?

descriptionComputer is freezing up and running slow - Page 8 EmptyRe: Computer is freezing up and running slow

more_horiz
bump hello

more_horiz
Worth reading: http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/no-reply-for-2-days-t5764.htm

Now, please be patient with me, as I do not have time yet to research a solution. Weekends are bad for both of us malware helpers.

Allow me to contact another advisor/expert and see what their take on the situation is.

more_horiz
thanks

more_horiz
Please go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.

In the top right, click the check mark by Show Updates.

If the following exists, please Remove it: Update for Windows XP (927891) << It must have those exact numbers)

Then, please restart your computer, and download/install this update:

Update for Windows XP (927891)

====

After another reboot, let me know if your svchost.exe continues at CPU 100.

more_horiz
Don't see a Update for Windows XP (927891) in add/remove programs . What do I do now?

more_horiz
Try to install it from the link I provided, please.

more_horiz
Could not install Update for Windows XP (927891). Says service pack version is newer than the update you are applying. No need to update. What do i need to try to do now?

more_horiz
  • Download Win32kDiag from any of the following locations and save it to your Desktop.

• Download Win32kDiag (Win32kDiag.exe) - #1
    • Download Win32kDiag (Win32kDiag.exe) - #2
    • Download Win32kDiag (Win32kDiag.exe) - #3

• Double-click Win32kDiag.exe to run Win32kDiag and let it finish.
  • When it states "Finished! Press any key to exit...", press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
  • Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as a reply to this topic.

more_horiz
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Murray\Desktop\Win32kDiag.exe

Log file at : C:\Documents and Settings\Jonathan Murray\Desktop\Win32kDiag.txt

WARNING: Could not get backup privileges!

Searching 'C:\WINDOWS'...

Finished!

more_horiz
bump hello

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum