WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCan not install Adobe Reader 9.3 EmptyCan not install Adobe Reader 9.3

more_horiz
Hello,

When I try to install Adobe Reader 9.3 I get the following error: Error 1311: "Source file not found… data1.cab" when you install Adobe Reader 9 - more info here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405705.html. I have tried all of the "solutions" from that website, but I still get the same error message. Any ideas?

descriptionCan not install Adobe Reader 9.3 EmptyRe: Can not install Adobe Reader 9.3

more_horiz
Hello,

What solution from what website have you tried?

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Can not install Adobe Reader 9.3 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionCan not install Adobe Reader 9.3 EmptyRe: Can not install Adobe Reader 9.3

more_horiz
Hello,

I have tried solution 1, 3 and 4.

When I try to install adobe, everything works fine at the beginning and then I get the error message. The strange thing is that adobe is saying that it can't find the source file data1.cab (C:\Documents and settings\Hannes Malmberg\Lokala inställningar\Application Data\Adobe\Reader 9.3\Setup Files\Data1.cab), and it is asking me to confirm that the file exists and that I can "reach/use it". The file data1.cab does exist, and it is at this: C:\Documents and settings\Hannes Malmberg\Lokala inställningar\Application Data\Adobe\Reader 9.3\Setup Files\Data1.cab location. So, Adobe seems to be saying that a files doesn't exist when it actually does.

Another thing, during my uninstallation of Adobe 8, I did get an error message at the end saying that "rundll does not answer" [or something like that], so it was terminated. I have no idea if this could have anything to do with this, my guess is not...

Thanks

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you tried this?

http://www.minitab.com/en-GB/support/answers/answer.aspx?id=1445&langType=2057

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Can not install Adobe Reader 9.3 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yep, I have tried to install adobe with avira guard off. That did not solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Oh, I missed the part that I have "bolded" from your first reply. What solution from what website have you tried?
What website: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405705.html

Thanks

more_horiz
Hello,

I noticed that when i checked the data1.cab file (in C:\Documents and settings\Hannes Malmberg\Lokala inställningar\Application Data\Adobe\Reader 9.3\Setup Files\Data1.cab ) during the error I get, I noticed that I can open the file with "winrar", and there is a ton of files in it. So right now the issue seems to be that the installer can't "unpack/unzip" the files in data1.cab, and that it at the same time believes that the file doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

more_horiz
Since I could not install adobe reader 9,3, I reinstalled adobe reader 8,2 instead. I guess that there is something wrong with the adobe reader 9,3 installer or something. Anyways, I will wait for the next adobe reader version and give it a go again then. So you can ignore this topic.

Thanks

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum