WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionStuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! EmptyStuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help!

more_horiz
copied from another post cause I am having the exact same problem:
Got infected by IS 2010 today. Thought i caught it early; SuperAntiVirus had detected and asked to re-boot. However, after the computer restarted, it will not go boot past the Windows XP welcome/log-in screen. Prior to this, it never asked for log-in. It just keeps looping without getting anything further, even in Safe Mode. I can see the desktop picture briefly before the welcome screen comes up.

Since I can't even get to the command prompt, what else can I try at least get to command prompt?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated...

descriptionStuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! EmptyRe: Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help!

more_horiz
Try this.

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

............................................................................................

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! DXwU4
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! VvYDg

descriptionStuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! EmptyRe: Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help!

more_horiz
I'm the other poster... Running Avira rescue CD now, but feeling a bit uneasy about the two penguins that showed up before the Avira screen came up. Anyone knows if that's legit?
Also not sure if it's normal that the boot disc didn't run until I changed the boot sequence in BIOS.
Any input will be appreciated...

more_horiz
nb2010 wrote:
I'm the other poster... Running Avira rescue CD now, but feeling a bit uneasy about the two penguins that showed up before the Avira screen came up. Anyone knows if that's legit?
Also not sure if it's normal that the boot disc didn't run until I changed the boot sequence in BIOS.
Any input will be appreciated...

Hello nb2010, please stick to your own topic and if you have any questions feel free to ask in your topic since replies from multiple members confuse us at times. Avira Rescue CD is legit if it didn't ask to boot when restarted it fine that you booted it via the BIOS.

............................................................................................

While my help is always free, please consider donating to keep this site alive: Donate

Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! 2wg6fte

more_horiz
I ran the Avira CD and let it run, it found warnings and such, but nothing really major. Then I shut down, turned on, took out the CD, and the same problem, stuck on sign in screen, click my user, shows my desktop picture for a few seconds, then goes back to the signin screen. I had never had to sign in with this machine before this. Any other ideas?

ps I got the 2 penguins, too...I figured they were a part of the Avira starting up.

more_horiz
bump

more_horiz
Do you have your original XP disc?

Site Admin / Security Administrator

Virus Removal ~ OS Support ~ Have we helped you? Help us! ~ GeekChat
- Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! DXwU4
Stuck on welcome screen after I Think IS2010, please help! VvYDg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum