WiredWX Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionChange Windows 7 interface to Classic interface EmptyChange Windows 7 interface to Classic interface

more_horiz
How can I change the look of the Windows 7 interface to the Classic look? Thank you.

descriptionChange Windows 7 interface to Classic interface EmptyRe: Change Windows 7 interface to Classic interface

more_horiz
Hello,

Right click your dekstop >> Personalize >> at the bottom of the Window, select Windows Classic or Windows 7 Basic.

descriptionChange Windows 7 interface to Classic interface EmptyClassic theme is color/style. Want to see complete ARCHITECTURE shown in Classic

more_horiz
Thank you for your reply. However, what your solution changes is the "theme." That is, the coloring and "look" of the Windows 7 interface, not the "view structure." For example, it used to be that when you opened the "Start" menu it would FAN OUT to the right AND you could fan out as needed if/when you opened a directory/folder to view its contents. Also, it used to be that Windows Explorer allowed you to see entire directory/folder structures in the left pane and the contents in the right pane. Now it seems as if the "Start" menu structure has been truncated and the Windows Explorer structure has been flattened. It seems as if the architectural structure that was once integral and "open" (i.e., rendered visible by opening and displaying sublayers and more sublayers) is now "hidden" (i.e., rendered invisible or piecemeal by the use of truncation, ribbons, and other means that disallow a logically simple way to obtain a complete and organic view of the system and its structure). Do I need to buy/revert my new Windows 7 PC to XP in order to retrieve the "whole/organic architectural view" of the system as displayed in XP and previous "Classic" views of the PC's directory/folder and file structure? If so, how do you suggest I go about this? (i.e., Do I simply go buy an XP OS and ask a software expert to install?) If I cannot do this, I am considering installing a UNIX-based system because I was "raised on" Bell Labs UNIX. BTW: Because of the time/effort/complexity of finding MS Office commands in a simple and straightforward manner (i.e., ribbons), I have "reverted" to the far simpler interface of Sun's "OpenOffice." (As you may or may not know, Bill Joy of Sun is one of the founding fathers of BSD Unix. Also HTML and even the command making the previous lines of this message bold are very closely modeled after Bell Labs' Unix's troff/nroff). Thank you for your time and attention.[b]

descriptionChange Windows 7 interface to Classic interface EmptyRe: Change Windows 7 interface to Classic interface

more_horiz
Hello,

Unfortunately Windows 7 doesn't have the feature to accomplish what you want. The classic theme is as far as it gets.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum