WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionCant connect, need Help 911! EmptyCant connect, need Help 911!

more_horiz
Okay. My neighbor has 2 computers, 1 desktop one notebook. This is for the notebook. Has Windows XP Sp 3. On Thursday, computer did an update. Friday- neighbor noticed that he was getting pop up about a virus attacking, and ran scan- but it was the wonderful Bankerfox.a virus. Which I used malwarebytes to remove- (such a great program). At the time we couldnt get into anything- control panel, task manager, avg (his antivirus). So now the viruses are gone ( I hope, nothing shows up in scans). Now I cannot connect to the internet. I used to be able to connect only in safe mode- because I had to to download malware bytes. Now I cannot get on the net at all. The desktop works fine with the internet, and we have another laptop connected to the net that works fine. The wireless shows signal- I have a good connection. I have ran IPCONFIG- and got valid Ip address, so I ping IP address, and default gateway- both come back fine. I ping yahoo.com, work addresses, google.com, ask.com- all okay. The minute I ping microsoft.com, msn.com, bing.com- anything affiliated with Microsoft- It will not ping. I lose all 4 packets. When I go into wireless networking- I see my router- DLINK, it shows good signal. I refresh, and then it tells me that some other program is running how I see the internet, not windows. I went in and fixed that, changed order so that my comp can connect. I released and reset Ip address, cleared tsrs, did a disk cleanup, disk defragment, reset winsock. I have done everything that I possibly can- but now I cannot connect at all. Not even in safe mode. It gets up and I get the wonderful Page cannot be displayed- or any website i type in is not a valid address. I have literately done everything that I can- I spent 12 hours on this and cannot seem to figure it out. Any ideas- Please help!

descriptionCant connect, need Help 911! EmptyRe: Cant connect, need Help 911!

more_horiz
Hello,

Install this to reset your TCP/IP:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9664547

See if it works.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Cant connect, need Help 911! Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum