WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen.

2 posters

descriptionXP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 EmptyRe: XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen.

more_horiz
The start up beeps are 2 quick beeps followed by 8 beeps in a row.

1+1 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

descriptionXP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 EmptyRe: XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen.

more_horiz
Please see the cleaning procedures for cleaning inside your computer on this page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial118.html

Follow header: Cleaning the interior. Especially the RAM slots.

Then, let me know if you get anymore beeps.

more_horiz
I followed the instructions for cleaning the inside of the computer. Although I had done that earlier..I did it again there were some places that were missed on the first cleaning.
The computer still only boots up into Safe Mode. It beeped for the first two times but the beeping has stopped and now back to only booting in Safe Mode.
The machine has made 8 start ups with no beeping.

more_horiz
Please download ComboFix XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 Combofix from here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/Beta/KittyFix.exe

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 Query_RC
Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 RC_successful

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

more_horiz
I guess we are at the end of the line with this one. The computer won't boot at all. I can't even get it to boot with the XP disk.
Looks like a trip to the repair shop...or maybe just put it out of service.

Thank you for all your help. I really don't think it's worth spending any more time on..

Marry Christmas..Thanks again for your effort...

more_horiz
Please save the following instructions into Notepad and print it out as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the process.

1.Please reboot into Recovery Console as you did before.

2.You must enter which Windows installation to log onto. Type 1 and press Enter.

3.At the C:\Windows prompt, type the following bolded command, and press Enter:

set allowallpaths = true

4.At the next prompt type without the quotes "cd erdnt\subs" and hit Enter.

5.At the next prompt, please type in the following without the quotes: "batch erdnt.con" and hit Enter.

The erunt backups should begin copying backup files. At the next prompt after it is complete, Type exit.

kindly reboot your pc and tell me if Windows is loading now

more_horiz
"File symc8xx.sys caused an unexpected error (4096) ay line 3540 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup.c.

Press any key to continue."

When I press any key the machine tries to boot up normaly and shuts down just like before.

This is as far as the computer goes with the disk.
It took about 20 tries to get it to even try to boot from the disk

more_horiz
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.
  • Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from Antivir.de.
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.
XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 2i8vzwo

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.
XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 33dxve1

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.
XP shuts down. No error codes. No blue screen. - Page 2 2aaby46

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

more_horiz
I ran the scanner. It had 45 alerts..It renamed 45 files..it gave 27 warnings
I removed the disc and turned the computer on. It ran a diagnostics (Disk Check) from a blue screen and promptly shut down.
Same old thing. will not boot to normal mode. Will only boot to safe mode....when I can get it to boot.

more_horiz
Further testing is required for your computer, that I cannot do online.

Therefore, I will recommend to take your computer to the closest computer repair firm, in which they can do diagnostics.

more_horiz
Thank you for all your help. I have suspected for some time that the computer would need to go to a repair shop. It must be a hardware problem of some sort.

Thank you again..erg

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum