WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather Tools
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WiredWX Christian Hobby Weather ToolsLog in

descriptionMultiple Installs of Windows 7 EmptyMultiple Installs of Windows 7

more_horiz
I have just bought a laptop that has windows 7 loaded onto it....i also have a desktop that i built that used to have an old production copy of XP until my old laptop died and i used the version of XP that came with it to load a legit copy on my desktop...

Can I do the same with 7? Will it load on both a laptop and desktop like XP did?

descriptionMultiple Installs of Windows 7 EmptyRe: Multiple Installs of Windows 7

more_horiz
Hello,

It depends on your computer specs. Download this Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

You'll get a report that tells you if your PC meets the system requirements, if any known compatibility issues with your hardware, devices, and installed programs are found, and gives guidance on what to do to before installing Windows 7 on your PC.

............................................................................................

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Multiple Installs of Windows 7 Lambo-11

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

descriptionMultiple Installs of Windows 7 EmptyRe: Multiple Installs of Windows 7

more_horiz
even if im trying to use the same product key?

more_horiz
Hello,

No you can't use the same product key. The OEM version of Windows also won't be able to work on another computer as they specifically lock the installation to the hardware.

............................................................................................

more_horiz
I wonder, then, how i was able to do it with a copy of xp that is on my dead laptop and is now on my desktop

more_horiz
Hello,

Does your copy of XP come together with the computer?

more_horiz
Yeah...the copy came with the laptop and the desktop i built had a bootleg copy of xp pro....my laptop is dead to the point where i cant get it to power up so i took the xp home cd and loaded it on my desktop with no problem

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum